The function is achieved by a heating pad and a motor driver, you can use it with colour changing materials.
Completing the circuit
Things you need
E-textile extension (optional)
Lipo battery (optional)
1. Attach the driver to INFINITE mainboard
2. Connect the heating pad to the wire on the driver
Note: Connect the red wire of the heating pad with the red wire of the driver, and connect black to black
Use e-textile extension if the wire is too short for your design
3. Connect the 9V battery with the driver
Connect the battery to the socket marked with purple
4. Connect the sensor to INFINITE mainboard
Depending on the selection and usage of the sensor, you need to connect the sensor to a proper port on the mainboard
E-textile switch sensor: connect to Digital 1
E-textile pressure sensor: connect to Analog 1
E-textile potentiometer: : connect to Analog 1
Proximity sensor: connect to Digital 0
Sound detection sensor: connect to Digital 0
LDR (digital purpose): connect to Digital 1
LDR (analog purpose): connect to Analog 1
Use e-textile connections for proximity sensor and sound detection sensor, use crocodile test leads for e-textile sensors and LDR, you can also customise connections for LDR and e-textile sensors, the conductive fabric/thread and the snap buttons in the material pack could be useful!
1. Use the USB cable for connecting INFINITE mainboard to your PC
2. Download relevant example code
3. You can modify the duration of heating on motor1.drive(255,3000); the second number represents how many milliseconds the heating lasts. In the downloaded code, the heating pad works for 3000 milliseconds (3 second). Now, you can change the duration as you want! If you want to lower the temperature, modify the first number (255) to a smaller number.
4. To upload the code to INFINITE mainboard, go to the Menu, click Tools > Port > /dev/cu.usbmodem146201(Adafruit Feather M0)
5. Click upload icon on the top left of the window, when you see "Done uploading", the code has been uploaded to the Feather board
6. You can either keep connecting INFINITE mainboard with your PC, or disconnecting from the PC but powering the mainboard with a Lipo battery
7. Turn on the 9V battery. !!!Remember to turn off or disconnect the battery as soon as you finish using the function!!!
8. You are all set!