The sensor is officially called Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor, it senses the proximity of the surrounding objects/people.
Connect the sensor to INFINITE mainboard
Things you need
1. Snape the e-textile connections to the three snaps in Digital 0 on the mainboard
2. Connect "+", "Din", "GND" of the mainnboard to "VCC", "OUT", "GND" of the sensor
Testing with Arduino IDE
1. Connect INFINITE mainboard to your PC through the USB cable
2. Open Arduino IDE, open the DigitalReadSerial sketch by clicking File > Examples > 01.Basics > Digital Read Serial
3. Change int pushButton = 2; to int pushButton = 12;
4. Go to the Menu, click Tools > Port > /dev/cu.usbmodem146201(Adafruit Feather M0)
5. Click Upload icon on the top left of the window
6. When you see "Done uploading", open the serial monitor by clicking the icon on the top right corner
7. On the serial monitor window, you should see "1" is scrolling. When proximity is detected the reading changes to "0"